Tuesday, November 10, 2009

summer in November

Hello from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida!!! Weird to be in 80 degree weather in November… but here we are! We just got finished with doing a week run in Melbourne, FL where we had ocean view rooms right on the beach. It was absolutely stunning. Rhiannon (my roommate) and I slept every night with the doors open to listen to the waves. After the shows we would go to the hot tub under the stars and we would get up in the morning to run on the beach or lay out for a bit. One day we decided it would be a good idea to go in the water. Well… lets just say I got in a fight with a wave and the wave won. I hit my chin on the round really hard and ended up with a bleeding battle wound : ) but not too dramatic… didn’t need stitches thank goodness… but boy did it knock the wind out of me. Florida waves are no joke!!

As far as the show… I had my Mom debut this week!! So much fun and definitely the hardest track in the show… so I am so happy to knock that one down. So only 1 more ensemble track to go on for. I have now learned 7 out of 8 tracks… the only one left is Elle!! So we are starting next week!

I’ve been keeping really busy. A lot of people are taking vacations right now so I am going on almost every night. When I am not on, I have been watching the show and trailing the principals I cover. Busy busy busy. But I absolutely love it. I LOVE this show, LOVE these people, LOVE my job! Being a swing is definitely a tough challenge… and I am not so sure if I ever want to do it again. BUT this is a really fun show to swing. There are so many different characters I get to play.. which makes it fresh, new, and fun. And I just love the cast so much. Everyone is so wonderful.

So now we go to Ft Lauderdale for 2 weeks at the Embassy Suites aka free breakfast in the morning and free happy hour!! Love me some Embassy Suites! : ) Then we are in Worcester during Thanksgiving. Just 5 weeks until Christmas layoff (I'll be in NY Dec 14-17 then going home for a California coast trip with family until the 28th)!! Time is just flying by here… it’s already been 2 months!! Crazy crazy!

That’s all the update for now! Love you all and miss you!!
Sending BIG hugs!
XOXO
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment