Sunday, March 22, 2009

I love my iPhone

Thank goodness I made the bold step to change services and get an iPhone... it has saved me many a times on the subways and walking around. It's so easy to get lost here... but thanks to my handy dandy little iPhone, I have only gotten lost once and was able to navigate back pretty easily. I've been doing a lot of studying as far as areas, subway lines, and streets. Getting better and better! : )

The first time I came here (without the family), my friend Laura and I got on the subway for the first time by ourselves and ended up going the wrong way... we were lost for about 2 hours. And then there was the time when I took the wrong train and ended up lost for 3 hours by myself... that was fun. But now... no more getting lost thanks to my iPhone and studying! : )

Last night was so much fun! Ian, Anthony (friend from Tour), Myrona (my professor), and a bunch of the UCI people went and saw my friend, Laura, as Petra in a Little Night Music. It was in White Plains, NY so we took a quick little train ride and saw her rock it out. So proud of her!! I had never been to the Grand Central Station too... I'm excited to take more trips on the train soon.

Today was no more vacation day here in New York. Ian started his classes and I started my gym membership (I am officially a New Yorker haha) and getting ready for all the auditions this week. Looks like I will have my first one on Tuesday. There are mainly regional theatre auditions until Legally Blonde (April 2) and Bye Bye Birdie (April 4). In the meantime, I plan on auditioning for the regionals, getting back in shape, and taking some dance classes. I'm getting excited to move into my place and get settled!! As far as part time jobs and such, I'll probably start looking in late April/ early May... just need time to settle first. : ) Hopefully something fun will show up. Until then... enjoying my days without commitment : )

No comments:

Post a Comment