Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's been a little cray-cray!!

I am so sorry it's been so long. I have received many emails, texts, phone calls, etc and have yet to have time to catch up and return all the messages. So I have 2 hours to do that today : ) (or as much as I can).

So I am finally in my apartment and trying to get settled!! weeeee! It's a tiny little place and because the roommates did not cook prior to me moving in... I have had to get some new appliances and make it more like home! But I figure the appliances will help me save $$$ for food. I have been eating out so much because I couldn't cook... just a waste of money! I mean $10 for a salad! Thats insane!!! So I make my own salad now...shoot... : ) The fridge is still not working though... so I have to do a lot of canned soups or buy produce and use it the day of. Luckily the Trader Joes is an easy 12 minute walk (to be exact) and a supermarket is a block away. AMAZING LOCATION!!!!

Besides the apartment, I have been to 4 auditions so far and have one tonight. Out of 4, I have had 3 callbacks so that has been nice. The audition scene is SO DIFFERENT than LA, especially because I don't know a lot of people. In LA, you get so used to seeing the same familiar faces but I don't really know the ones here yet. But I am meeting some because of tourmates introducing me or because we start talking while waiting to go in the audition room. There's also a lot of people here compared to LA. In LA, I have only been to 1 typing audition (where they only ask you to sing if they think you have the right look for the show). In NY, I have been to 2: Legally Blonde (got typed in) and Bye Bye Birdie is tonight (so we shall see) Supposably they are only keeping 15 year olds... so I am wearing a sports bra and no make up. I tried on my audition outfit (which consists of a 50s style dress, keds, bobbi socks, and a hair tie) and Ian was creeped out that I looked so young. So hopefully casting will think so too.

I also just signed up for a class with one the top casting directors here in NY. It cost a pretty penny, but she casts a lot of shows I would love to be seen for... so I figured it was well worth it (Wicked, Legally Blonde, Spiderman, South Pacific, In the Heights, and many more). Since I am getting free dance classes with UCI out here, it was about time I paid for a class : )

My birthday was two days ago. It consisted of 2 auditions, 2 callbacks, and going to the container store. woo hoo! BUT then Ian took me out to an amazing dinner at the Palms and then he and my friend Anthony put togther a little shin dig at a cute bar called Divine. Many thanks to those who helped celebrate the day with me. It was so nice to have my friends from college and tour come out, meet eachother, and help me ring in the big 22nd year. I feel very blessed to have an incredible New York "community" and look forward to more adventures. 22 is my lucky number... so I'm thinking this will be a lucky year. : )

That's pretty much the update... we shall see what happens. As for now... just getting paint swatches and putting the apartment together. One day at a time.

Now time to write some thank you cards, facebook messages, emails, and phone calls.
Love to all!!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Whew, what a busy girl you are! You make my life look like a walk in the park! Good luck with your auditions. You will knock 'em dead! Love you Ashmo!

    ReplyDelete