Saturday, May 2, 2009

Officially a New Yorker... well kinda...

Been quite some time since the last update cuz so much has happened!!!

1. THE WALK!! What a wonderful day it was to walk for MS. It was a very inspirational event that I feel very blessed to have been apart of. Ian and I walked 6 miles around Manhattan and Brooklyn Heights. It was a GORGEOUS day out and all the people were incredible. Here's some pictures of us sitting on a bench for a photo break... acting like children (as usual):

2. MY JOB!! So I got a job at a fitness club right next to my apartment. Free gym! yay! And some cool people. One of the managers call me "California" and says I must be insane for leaving. I do have to say I miss Cali. It's much prettier there, but I do like NY too of course. It is hard to remember names and the phone systems are a little cray-cray. But it all is worth it when I get to take those pilates and yoga classes : ) And I am meeting some great people: co-workers and members. Whenever I have to ask members or guests for their IDs, I get really excited when someone pulls out a California license. It's like that feeling when you have a friend show up at a party where you know no one. haha. CALIFORNIA!!! WE'RE LIKE FAMILY! So yes those 8 hour shifts get long sometimes but the people are getting me through it : ) And ooo theres a pool too!! Good for those summer days coming up! Plus it's on the Hudson River so pretty view.


3. Ian left : ( and it was a very sad day. Thank goodness fo Skype so we can see eachother : ) But it's no fun being seperated after all the fun we've had the past 6 months. I miss him... BUT my mom came and rescued me 2 days after he left!! Which leads me to...

4. MOM CAME! We had such a beautiful time together. Saw 3 shows (Shrek, In the Heights, and 9 to 5) which were incredible! And we were lucky lucky girls because we got the rush of 9 to 5 and won the lottery for both Shrek (mom won) and In the Heights (I won). Then we had incredible girl time where we shop shop shopped till our feet could shop no more (throbbing). We had some great meals out, cooked some great meals, and just played in the New York sun. I was so excited to show her around, take her to my new job, take her to my favorite places, and just have mommy and me time. It was perfect! (Thanks mom... I LOVE YOU)

5. Dad is coming next week too!! I'm so lucky to have so many visitors : ) He is here for business and then the weekend is play time for us both. We are thinking of going to the Hamptons...oooooo. But if not... maybe a trip to Chelsea Piers to do some rock climbing and other cool things. We shall see : )

6. My dear friend from tour (Bobby who played Ryan for those of you who saw the show) FINALLY moved in yesterday! And I FINALLY moved into my bedroom. I have been staying in the other room until the other roommate moved out and TADA! We are moved in!!! yay! So we're finally making this place our home sweet home. No cable right now... I don't know how people did it without TV. We won't last long... I think were getting desperate.

7. Auditions are going really well. I've gotten a bunch of callbacks here and there. It is funny though because I am beginning to feel like being short is a disease. I have had two casting agents say they love me and will be casting shorter people in upcoming projects so they will call me in for those. I just laugh. Atleast thats the one thing I can't really change about myself. God made me this way for a reason.... so shorter people roles here I come!! : )

and that's my shpeal.
miss you all and hope life is beautiful.
Stay away from swine... or whatever they are calling it these days.
Stay healthy and happy!!
All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment