Friday, August 21, 2009

It took some time... but I'm back : )

It’s been quite some time since an update… I know I need to be more on this blog thing. Oh I was doing so well… but then I went through 3 part time jobs in a month (I just couldn’t find one that paid well or had enough hours), took a fabulous audition class, and kept myself busy with New York to dos and life lessons.

Well… after 5 months and 3 days since moving to the big NY, I now find myself out of the city in Grand Rapids, Michigan in another tour production of High School Musical. Atlanta Theatre of the Stars (TOTS) launched a 2 week mini tour to Grand Rapids and Wolftrap, Virginia. A lot of the same cast is involved, but most of us are playing different roles. This time around I am Sharpay opposite my roomie, Bobby, as Ryan. The show was put up in 8 days… CRAZY! I had never done something like that, but since it was with so many fun people, it was not really stressful. Just a nice little reunion! So if you know anyone in the areas we are performing… send them our way! : )

The same week I received the call about Sharpay, Radio City FINALLY called me! I booked a singer track in the Christmas Show at the New York Radio City Music Hall. Christmas in New York this year!! Shows run Nov 17 to Dec 30 (possible extension to Jan 3). So if you find yourself in NY during the holidays, come check us out!!

Now lets escape the world of theatre for a bit. I can’t believe how much I have learned in the past 5 months. Went through SO many ups and downs…. But “what doesn’t kill you, makes your stronger.” May be cliché… but soooo true. After some struggling and soul searching, I finally feel like I actually know what I want and who I am and am proud to fight for that. I have always been the type who worries about the future. Living here, I am learning how that only makes you crazy. : ) I have my goals that drive my “future,” but living in the moment is something I am really trying to do. Haha. TRYING is the key word! But I just have to make a little shout out to Bobby (hashe’s the one who reminded me to do a blog update teehee) and thank him for everything. He has been very patient with me and things that have happened. And through it all, he has been the most amazing friend, partner in crime, hero, and confidant. Love you, B!!

One of the hardest things about NY is being SO far away from my family. I am so grateful for my NY community of friends and loved ones, but it is time to go home for a bit. So in between shows I am taking a long vacay home! Sept 10-28 if anyone wants to get together. I am so excited!!

Well that’s all for now…
Until next time
Love to all!!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. i'm a giant cheeseball & this post made me cry - i am so proud of you!

    i miss you so much.

    isn't it funny how God has such big plans for us and we just have no idea? He takes such good care of us.

    i love you & i am so proud of you. hope we can chat soon, and i can't WAIT to see you when you're in town! valencia isn't too far from me! :)

    ReplyDelete