Thursday, September 17, 2009

Getting WHIPPED into Shape... literally

Hey ya'll!!!

So things are a little crazy but a lot of people are emailing/texting reminding me to update my blog haha. So here's a quickie... AHHHH Legally Blonde is overwhelming! But SOOO much fun! So it's official I am a swing (which means covering 5 ensemble girls...all have features) and understudy Elle, Serena, and Enid. Lots and lots to learn but taking it one track at a time! Or atleast trying to... my mind likes to wander while watching the show and being in rehearsal to another track or what I am going to eat after I stop jump roping. haha. (which by the way...SO HARD... I have jump rope marks all over my body!!) But we are a week and a half in and I have one track almost done... then onto the next. Luckily most of the choreo is the same... just traffic patterns and some choreography is reversed. Then the additional lines and such... but dats eet. Then onto the principals... haha... so basically my brain will be taking in lots of info the next couple months. But the cast is so helpful and welcoming. It's really nice. I haven't been able to spend much time with people but that'll change very soon. All work no play for now. : )

I feel very blessed to start in Costa Mesa because I have gotten the chance to see some of my college friends! Mo, Perry, Hannah, and Tessa have been VERY generous and opened their homes to me. Can't thank you enough!!! I was also able to spend a few days home... then getting a hotel room on Saturday and Sunday so my parents can come down and spend the weekend with me before I leave on Monday. Tempe is our next stop and the official start of my performance weeks. In other words... I COULD be on on Tuesday... aka lots of homework come Monday. But I am also knocking on wood a million bagillion times. I am scheduled to go on for one track on next Sunday so that is what I am counting on to be my opening night!

I was able to find a sublet! yay!!! I do miss my NY people lots and lots!!! But I am excited to tour again... Trying to get prepared for the next cities... anyone know anything fun to do or see in Tempe? Sacramento? Detroit? Melbourne? Ft Lauderdale? (Those are our cities coming up).

Anyways gotta go trail a track : )
Sending lots of love
Miss you all!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXO
Mo

1 comment:

  1. Detroit: the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, Greektown (get Saganaki...it's cheese they light on fire), a Red Wings game, the Detroit Zoo. If you can, go see the locks between lakes in action (they allow boats to pass from lake to lake since they're not all level), go to U of M to see a game in the Big House.

    My mom grew up in Detroit, if you're wondering. Haha. I've been there at least 25 times.

    ReplyDelete