Friday, September 4, 2009

On the road again...

So life as a performer is always changing... and indeed it has. While doing HSM, I got a call from Telsey to come audition for Legally Blonde as an Elle cover and swing for other principal/featured female roles. I was in Wolftrap (near Washington DC) so I took a train in on my day off to go audition (this is Tuesday). Then as I was boarding the train to go back to DC, Justin called me for a callback the following day (Wednesday). I had rehearsal and a show so I couldn't make the callbacks... but he scheduled a callback for me on Thursday (today). So I took a 12am bus after the Wed show, had a dance call at 1130pm in NY, jumped on a train for DC at 1235, then got a call that I booked it at 1pm!! CRAZY couple days... but I am finally back in DC and getting ready to do the show tonight. So looks like I am graduating from high school and going to law school starting Monday in Costa Mesa!!!! I am a swing who covers Elle, Serena, and Enid and I get to rehearse near home!! I get back from HSM on Monday morning and will be flying out that night to LA. Insane but I am really excited! Check out the website: www.legallyblondethemusical.com for our schedule and whereabouts! This time around... I would love to see more people while touring!

As far as HSM… it is going really well and we are continuing to have a wonderful time! The audiences here in Wolftrap are fantastic. It’s a massive outdoor theatre that fits around 7000 people. Were definitely not sold out (haha) but our crowds have been loud and so much fun! Screaming girls… there is no sound like it. Theatre of the Stars have been treating us really well too. They fed us quite a feast between rehearsal and show tomorrow. They are also giving us some souvenirs… INCLUDING a East High Drama Club T-Shirt! Holler!! : ) And Sharpay has just been such a fun role to play. She’s a hoot! Plus playing opposite Bobby never gets boring. I wish I could put him in my suitcase and bring him with me on LB. But I’m not gonna go there yet cuz then I’ll be sad. Haha. I have made some incredible friends (new and old) in this production and I feel so so blessed to be working with them. Long lasting friendships up ahead for sure.

Speaking about friends… I just got off the phone with the amazing Mazie Wilson and I just have to thank her and everyone else for their support the past couple months. Without my family (love you mom and dad), Bobby, and friends like Mazie… I don’t think I would have stayed in New York much longer. Looking over blogs before and some of my journal entries, I really had some tough times. But they encouraged me to trust in God and myself and hang in there. So thank you to you all. Much love!!! : )

Lastly... if anyone knows anyone looking for a NY sublet... please send them my way : ) I found someone for the first couple weeks but need someone starting October 1st. Just toss me an email : )

Sending lots of love, hugs, and kisses!!
Miss you and hopefully will see you soon!
XOXO
Ashmo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you ARE a busy woman. I would love to see you in Legally Blonde! Way to go, Ash!!

    ReplyDelete