Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle...

...literally...sleepless. Brain has been on overload so I have been quite the night owl. Hopefully things will start to settle down... but in the meantime melatonin (natural sleep aid) is my best friend. : )

Last week here in Seattle… can’t believe it!!! Very bitter sweet. I don’t want to leave, but it just means that I get to go to San Jose and see lots of amazing friends and family in Norcal!! AND it also means that San Diego is coming soon… all my SoCal people!! So nice to be on the west coast! : ) Lots to look forward to… but I will miss my time here.

Some highlights of this past week: I had a fabulous time with Matt Lawrence (high school friend who moved here). I got to see his amazing place in Mercer Island, go to Bellevue with him, and then go to the body exhibit here in Seattle. It’s so nice to catch up with him and get to meet the people in his life here. I’ve been spending a lot of time at Pike’s Market… the best place to people watch. ☺ Not in a stalkerish way (haha)… people are just interesting. I’ve been walking on the waterfront a lot. I took my Elle Harvard law headshot (picture below) and had my final Elle fittings. I am officially ready to go on! All the finishing touches are done. Yayyyy!! My website has been updated (finally)!! The girl that designed my website disappeared on me… so my beloved friend Jonathan Rayson (who plays Aaron Schultz in the show) saved the day and has been updating it for me. www.ashleymoniz.com And lastly, last night we had girls night in. Our company manager hosted a Legally Blonde ladies night for us and rented out the Presidential Suite in our hotel. Lets just say we had an AMAZING time.

Plans I hope fall into play this week: Going to the space needle, seeing Alice in Wonderland, more adventures to Pikes and the waterfront, and getting a massage!

In other news: My Vacation is coming up! Booked my tickets to NY for a quick fun visit! Taking a red eye late April 8th and I go back to tour April 13th in Milwaukee. So excited to see people! Speaking about people… LB is losing and gaining some people this week. Our fabulous vacation swing, Casey, is here for a couple weeks as all of us go on vacay. Sara Shepherd is BACK!!! She was Kate/Chutney when I came into the show… now she is the new Mom. Sad to lose the hilarious J.B. Wing… but we are all excited for her plans to move back to NY. She seems very happy to move on… but she shall be missed. I am also heartbroken to lose one of my partners in crime: Alex Puette. He is a fellow 2009 graduate (he graduated from Michigan) and a fellow swing. The fabulous and hilarious Josh Walden is replacing him so that is wonderful… but I am sad for Alex to go. Very very sad… he brings a whole lotta joy to my life. Love you JB and AP!! Knock em dead in the citay!! As far as me… I plan on staying to the end. Can’t believe it has been 6 months on tour… 5 months left and they offered me another rider to stay on board until the end. So I look forward to the next 5 months of adventures and learning a whole lot more. ☺ Bring it on!!

After going on for 3 tracks (including a combo track)/7 shows last week…here’s the update:
Stenographer: approx. 44 times
Judge: 3 times
Mom: approx. 11 times
DA: 2 times
Kate/Chutney: approx. 8.5 times
Combo Track Kate and DA: 2 times
Combo Track Judge and Stenographer: 1 time
Enid: 1 time

This weeks line up (that is scheduled…who knows what will happen haha):
Thursday- Mom; Friday and Both Saturday Shows- Enid; Both shows Sunday- Judge.

Count down until San Jose (where I get to see lots of friends and fam): 5 days!!
Count down until San Diego (where I get to see lots of friends and fam): 19 days!!
Count down until Elle debut: 53 days!! (May 2nd in Omaha, NE)

Current Book: “The Boys of Summer” by Roger Kahn (about the Brooklyn Dodgers)
Current Netflix: Season 2 of BIG LOVE
Current Song on Repeat: Overboard by Ingrid Michelson
Current Obsession: Physique 57 videos…. AMAZING! I’ve been work shopping a ton of work out videos on tour and it is by far my favorite!
Goal of the Week: Sight See and live it up the last week of Seattle!!

Sending big hugs and a WHOLE lotta love love love!
XOXO
-Ashley

Elle Headshot for Harvard Yard scene:

3 comments:

  1. hey beautiful girl -

    let me know when you are in san diego and free... i work so close i would be so happy to come down and see you :) :)

    looooove you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovey!

    I'm just so freaking excited for all of the faaabulous adventures you're having!! I'm SO bummed I'll be in NY when you're in SD...ugh! We are wayyy beyond due for a catch up session!

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't not wait until u guys come to Omaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete