Sunday, April 25, 2010

: )

Hey ya’ll!! Happy Happy Sunday! Hope your weather (wherever you are) is better than it is here in Appleton. I almost flew away this morning from the wind and rain! And that was after my $4 umbrella from Forever 21 turned inside out and broke into a couple pieces. Awwww farewell my cute rose petal frilly umbrella… I used you once…and then you died. Rest in Peace.

Legally Blonde Land is a happy land. The fabulous Cortney Wolfson came back to play Mom this week while Sara Shepherd was on for Vivienne. Looking forward to having Megan Lewis back this week after a 3 week leave. We miss her very much!! But it was fun to have Cort out. She brought her sweet puppy, Tiffany, out and Brady fell in L.O.V.E. LOVE!! Every night he cries by the door until I let him out to play with her in the hall. His little tag wags and his tongue sticks out and they chase each other around. Every once in awhile he stops, sits, looks at me with a big goofy grin… it looks like he is saying “Oh mom… isn’t she wonderful!?!” I’m convinced he would have a little lisp if he were speaking English.

In personal life… things are really really going well. Brady is adjusting pretty well to tour life and I just love the little guy. We have so much fun! And having a little pup fall in asleep in your lap aint so bad either

I am starting the Happiness Project (by Gretchen Rubin) this month. Not because I am not happy, but life is a constant learning adventure! Why not add a little MORE happiness in the mix while I learn some stuff about myself and others? ☺ In a nut shell, the Happiness Project is where you have a set of goals for the month and then you add new goals each month. The first month is Vitality: Boost Energy, exercise more, eat healthier, sleep, organize are some of the key points to hit. I’ll keep ya posted on my tracking ☺

More LB news: Becky and her hubby Tyler (who does merch on tour with us) are on vacay to Korea!!! They are very missed already!! But with Elle away… the understudies get to be in the play. So the big day is a week away. Weird. It’s been a long time coming… people have asked me why it took so long for me to go on. There’s a lot behind the question. Had to learn all 7 tracks before tackling Elle, there were some costume issues that needed to be sorted out, and I had to wait for Becky’s vacay. BUT the day is FINALLY almost here. Looking forward to my mom, dad, and sister coming out!! I feel so blessed to have them making the long trip. And I am so grateful that the creative team and management have allowed me to have a full tech put in on Thursday! So I get to go through the costume changes and get a sense of Elle’s show with props and scenery. Thank you!! Thank you!! I am just so grateful for this opportunity. I have learned SOOO much and I look forward to the lessons learned while playing Elle.

Track counter:
Stenographer: approx. 49 times
Judge: 13 times
Mom: approx. 16 times
DA: 6 times
Kate/Chutney: approx. 8.5 times
Combo Track Kate and DA: 5 times
Combo Track Judge and Stenographer: 1 time
Enid: 5 times
Just Jump Rope: 2 times

Count Down to Elle debut: 1 week!!!
Count down until closing (weird): 112 days!

Current Obsession: My Clarisonic… it’s a skincare brush that you can get from Sephora (and a few other places)… I have been on so much lately and my skin loves to soak up stage make up. The Clarisonic has completely changed my skin and saved me from some damage. It’s quite the purchase…but well worth it!
Current Food Obsession: Jimmy Johns Unwich!! It’s a sandwich without the bread…. Basically lived off of them in Milwaukee and Appleton!
Current Book for the treadmill: Book #3 in the Sookie Stackhouse Series
Current Book for life: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Current Goal of the Week: Pray Pray Pray and Trust Trust Trust

So much love to you all!!!
Have a blessed week!
Over and out,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment